My Favorite Books

Monday, September 1, 2014

Purge Time (again!)

Yep, it's time to purge again.  I like my sewing area to be as open and tidy as can be. Because I'm always working on more than one project at a time it's easy to have lots of space taken up with those projects.  It's also very hard to work if you aren't organized and have good work space...so, today I decided to go through and move some quilts around and free up some space (again!).



This was the first area I reorganized...some are smaller quilts (you can see the 'Mandy' quilt I posted on yesterday and some quilts I purchased (2nd row from left is a purple/gold quilt I purchased from AAQI and Dijanne piece is the bottom 2nd row from left I bought several years ago).  And, yep, that's my 'beaded leaf' trying to find a new home (bottom)...more about that in another post!!!


Also, Kalee loves to lay on my sewing table next to my machine (she sleeps most of the time but also likes to look out the window).  Well, it was getting a little too much work, for both of us!...mainly because I would have to move her if I wanted to cut fabric or needed space to lay out my work.  So......

I moved my large green cutting mat on top of this cabinet.  Now Kalee can sleep in peace and I don't have to keep moving her.  Why didn't I think of this 3 years ago!   More than one occasion I have sewn her fur into a project!


These are some of the more current pieces I've made...four of the larger ones are for our Inspired by the Master's exhibit.  We won't be having these on exhibit for awhile yet.  We need quite a few to fill up a space...I think Carol wants to have over 40 pieces for the exhibit.  Although, one of our members, LA, most likely has made enough quilts to fill a space herself!  

And I did get rid/trashed some old magazines I had which free'd up some holders for me to put my project binders into.  A few years ago I was making 8 1/2" x 11" small pieces for the Bead Journal Project as well as for a challenge our fiber group had one year.  I've had these binders just laying ontop of some books so now they have a real home! 

I also have binders for ATC's (artist trading cards) and for my fiber cards I've received throughout the years.

I like being able to look at each category and it also keeps them nice and neat!







This picture shows one of the beaded pieces I've done and the back of another one.  I use the binders that have the plastic sleeve in them.  My pieces fit perfectly in the binders and it also makes it easy to browse!
So that was the rest of my Sunday!  Purging and sewing and laundry and cooking!  But heck, I'm retired...what else would I be doing!  

6 comments:

  1. I went through much the same thing when I started the CQ project. My room is 12 x 12 with shelves and counter space all around it but I still needed stitching space!

    I'm sure glad MY dogs don't want to lay on my cutting table ~lol~
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so the same way.....I can't work too long with clutter around......but honestly, I've never had to sew around the tail of the family pet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are far more organized than I shall ever be. I don't mind clutter however I do like a clean space to create in. Sewing fur is probably not recommended...unless it is synthetic. Purging Bliss...
    P.S. My sewing room purge is next...not saying when next is though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at how others organize their sewing rooms. Thanks for some good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does take constant effort to not become overwhelmed by the "stuff" in our work spaces. That wall of projects looks amazing! A day well spent and Kalee will appreciate your accommodating her nap area. It's still plenty hot here. With some afternoon or evening rains. Fall is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love peeking into your space. When you are creative it is hard not to make a mess, I spend half my time cleaning up after myself to attempt to keep on top of things. Glad to see I'm not the only one who allows her dog on the sewing table! Was looking at that photo and wondering what the white fluffy stuff was you were sewing on before I realized it was Kaylee's tail!!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!