My Favorite Books

Saturday, January 17, 2015

I did actually sew something!

I forgot to post the BD fiber card I made for Harvey....he and I share our birthday celebrations with the 'gang' each year.   I blogged about our BD yesterday.

See, I did get some sewing done this week! I used a piece of Kraft Tex Paper Fabric, which I painted with blue ink.  Then I just doodled!  Harvey has made some beautiful stained glass pieces
 over the years so I looked for a stained glass image that I printed onto Sticky Back Canvas...machine stitched three edges then added french knots.






This is the back of the card.  I thought the saying was perfect!   You may have to click on the picture to read it





And I finished my shrug!  It turned out perfect and is in my bag to take with me to my sisters!  Hope it's a cool day or night so I can wear it!!!   I'll have to have my sister take a picture!

3 comments:

  1. Hmm... a couple of new products to look into. Nice work. And I'm sure the weather will allow you to wear the shrug. have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful saying about the age.So I am a piece of art. I hope people like it. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent fiber birthday card! Looks like lots of fun celebrating with friends and now with your sister. Safe travels and Birthday Bliss...

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!