My Favorite Books

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

More layering!

First, here is another shibori piece I dyed over the weekend.  I'm happy with results...now to use it in a project!
Well, what else do you do when you have 'ugly' or not so great results from dyeing or printing fabrics!  You redo them somehow!  That's what I did yesterday with some buds here in Florida.  These are all scrap pieces with exception of the blue mono printed.  That is a full yard of fabric I dyed several years ago.
Before
















After - stamping















Before

After - mono printing






























These next pieces were some of my Solar Fast failures - only because I forgot and left them out in the sun after I removed the transparency!!  Once you rinse them the dye image/print is set...big oops but a great opportunity to 'fix' the failures! All of these were stamped.



This was an old mono print I had done a few years ago so I just stamped with metallic paint. I know I can use all of these pieces somewhere in my upcoming projects!




4 comments:

  1. Great rescues! When you don't care for the result, just add layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you have been having lots of fun playing and rejuvenating your fabrics. Those blues have me swooning! Playtime with Friends...Priceless!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!